The Seniors Group meets the 3rd Friday of the month in the Church Hall at 2:00 pm. (September-November, March - June). They provide a wide range of interesting speakers. For inquiries, contact Marg Milner at 613-384-1308.
- May 19: Our guest speakers will talk about services they provide to newly arrived refugee families in Kingston.
- April 21: Peter Aston and Bob Littler will provide entertainment with music and humor.
- March 24: Phil Neatby will speak about homesteading on the prairies - Note: this is 4th Friday on the month
- February 17: Judy Brown will speak on Black History Month.
- December 16: There will be Christmas carols and Christmas treats with our choir director, Val Hamilton.
- November 18: Barbara Neatby will speak about her trip to China, accompanying an exhibit of artifacts on loan to China from the Royal Ontario Museum.
- October 21: Lee Hanes will provide musical entertainment including lots of old favourites
- May 13: Marilyn Entwistle and her career with the World Health Organization and the UN
- April 15: Soup and sandwich lunch with music by Sue and David Orgill (Note: This starts at 12:00 pm)
- March 18: Don Mann and the story of his Mother and Grandmother as passengers on the Titanic
- No meetings in January and February
- December 11: Christmas carols and Christmas treats
- November 20: Commander Susan Long-Poucher gave a very interesting presentation on her career in the Canadian Navy
- September 18: Barry Gordon from Gordon’s Estate Services will be our guest speaker for the first Fall Seniors gathering.
- June 19: Savour the marvelous tastes of a Strawberry Social.
- May 22: Former parishioner Louise Bark will talk about her cross-Canada train trip with Bruce, her guide dog, and the challenges of train travel for those using wheelchairs. (The 4th Friday because of the long weekend.)
- April 17: Hear Father Bill Clarke speak about his trip to Israel, including the amazing stone city of Petra.
- March 20: Shirley Gowdy will speak about her most recent mission trips to Cuba and Thailand.
- November 21: Shari Hughson, (Mel and Marina's daughter), and Dave See spoke about living 'off the grid' in BC..
- October 17: Sue and Dave Orgill provided musical entertainment with many old favourites and lots of sing-a-longs.
- September 19: Bob Hales presented an engaging talk and slide show of the trip he and Faye had in Norway.
- May 17: Beth Schreiner shared her experience in South America.
- April 25: Barbara Bonnard, from Christ Church Cataraqui, spoke about the little knitted dolls many of our ladies make. They are sent to underdeveloped countries.
- March 21: Deanna Abbott spoke about her dog agility training program. She will have at least one of her 4-legged friends with her. We will also be celebrating with Olive and Charlie Jeffs, their 70th wedding anniversary.
- February 21: Musical guests Peter Aston and Bob Littler provided wonderful entertainment, with a very amusing mix of humorous skits and songs.
- November: Tom Vincent led us into the world of glass production in 19th Century Maritimes. Tom’s style was engaging, and in the process, we were intrigued with the links to trade, social habit of continental North America.
- October: We had a party – games, costumes, songs and fun.
- September: Sylvie and Dave Fisher led us into the world of the War of 1812, with insights into domestic life of the period, dress, food, the militias
- May: Dave Schwerdfeger talked to us about elder abuse, and aging.
- April: Don Schurman talked about his religious journey and the early days in St Thomas.
- March: Our own Heather Schreiner and Jacquie Corcoran entertained us with music both old and newer. We love to sing, and Heather and Jacquie gave us lots to sing about.
- February: The Bishop came to tea! It was a privilege to hear his view of his ministry and to get a chance to chat personally.